Getting new business and growing a customer base are important goals for installers, because it means a better reputation and more money in the wallet.
Which? Trusted traders looks at 5 reasons why getting endorsed is important for installers looking to get ahead of their competition:
- Grow a better business
- You get more quality customers when you’re endorsed by Which?, a trusted consumer brand. With tailored advice content on the site for endorsed traders you will get guidance on structuring your business, building your website, creating a social media presence and kept up to date with new regulations. Plus, you will have a personal account manager to help you every step of the way.
- Independent dispute resolution provided by Ombudsman Services
- A new law on consumer disputes will soon come into force, which sets out new ways for consumers to resolve disputes without going to court. As a Which? Trusted trader, you have access to Ombudsman Services which offers a quicker and cheaper alternative in the event you are unable to resolve a consumer complaint.
- Use of the recognisable logos
- Like the best buy logo, the Which? Trusted Traders logo is a sign of quality, helping consumers choose the right trader and giving good traders the recognition they deserve. Not just anyone can become endorsed, as due to the high demands of the assessment, 1 in 4 traders do not pass. Only those who meet the high standards are credited with Which? Trusted trader status.
- The opportunity to be in a printed directory of local traders
- The Little Red Book is the printed directory we distribute to UK households. This directory only promotes endorsed Which? Trusted Traders. With the previous directories having 13 local editions, it was dropped to over 1 million homes.
- Significant media promotion
- With radio ads, outdoor and online advertising, the scheme will be marketed through a range of media so people understand what your logo stands for.
As well as all of the above Which? recognise and reward traders for their hard work, customer service and representation of the Which? brand, most recently, at the Which? Awards 2015.
The Which? Trusted Trader of the Year 2015 award highlighted traders, who have worked hard to focus their businesses on what consumers want and delivered consistently high standards of customer service.
Mark Gallagher, Director of South London Heating was up against three other excellent traders on the day, but walked away with the prize. He commented: “We’re thrilled to have won the first ever Which? Trusted Trader of the Year Award! This coveted award by such an esteemed organisation as Which? is a stamp of approval of our company’s values, our quality of work and excellent customer service.”
Find out more about joining Which? Trusted Traders or watch what some of our endorsed traders have to say about the scheme.