INSTALLER
WEEKLY

Company fined £150,000 following fatal gas explosion

An asbestos removal contractor has been fined £150,000 after a worker was fatally injured and another worker seriously injured in a gas explosion.

Hamilton Sheriff’s Court heard how on 5 October 2017, workers were removing a boiler and pipework, and overspraying walls to remove asbestos residue, at the former Pastoral Centre in Bonkle Road, Newmains in Wishaw.

The work was being…

Register

Which areas of work are you involved in?
Please tick all that apply to you:

Type of company

How many people are employed in your business?
Please tick the appropriate box:

I understand that this form collects my name and email so I can be contacted. For more information, please check our privacy policy
Already a member? Login Now

Form not found, form id :279