A day in the life of an installer can be incredibly varied – which is why it is so important to have a range of quality, easy to use, reliable machines close at hand. Here, Kevin Brannigan, Marketing Manager at Makita explains more about at the company’s latest cordless offering – the XGT 40V Max cordless system – and its benefits.
Makita understands that quality workmanship and top-quality tools are essential if professionals want to achieve the best results possible, in the most efficient way. Driven by continuous investment into R&D, the company has launched its most powerful cordless offering yet: the XGT range of 40V Max cordless machines.
What is XGT?
The XGT range is designed to offer installers the power and performance needed to tackle high-demand applications – without the restrictions and safety implications of a cord. Innovations in battery and tool technology mean that, with XGT, users can expect high levels of performance without run times or battery charge times being compromised. This significantly improves productivity and, in fact, the XGT range allows a task to be completed up to 40% faster compared with an 18V alternative.
Built to last
Makita understands that professionals require machines that can withstand everyday use. That is why XGT batteries have been engineered for durability. The batteries’ high-rigidity slide rails and connection mechanism ensure it cannot accidently become detached – which is particularly key for demanding applications. The heavy duty, shock absorbing outer casing and cell holder protects it from any accidental drops or heavy impacts.
The battery is also IPX4 rated with a triple layer waterproofing, which means it is splash and shower proof. This makes it ideal for plumbing and heating work where unintentional contact with water is possible. The design also prevents damage to the unit from dust.
To optimise the batteries’ performance, lifespan and charge times, the XGT products feature Makita’s unique charging technology – that allows digital communication between the battery and the charger, as well as the battery and the tool. It provides protection against issues such as overheating and over-discharge. For example, if the battery has overheated under heavy use, the charger will recognise this and cool it down before charging begins. This significantly speeds up the charging process and minimises downtime.
To aid productivity further, XGT batteries charge incredibly quickly – a 2.5Ah battery will charge in just 28 minutes and a 4.0Ah battery in just 45 minutes. This significantly reduces downtime and keeps professionals working disruption free for longer.
The benefits of brushless
Makita has also designed its XGT machines to include its innovative ‘BL’ brushless motor. As there are no moving parts within the motor that generate friction, there is less energy lost through heat, resulting in longer run times. This also reduces on-going maintenance costs as there is minimal wear on the motor components.
The XGT 40V Max range
Since its launch, Makita has invested heavily in the XGT range – and has launched a number of exciting new products that are ideal for professional use:
- HP001G Combi-Hammer Drill – for drilling and fixing into masonry, steel, or timber, to install brackets and hold up water and waste pipes, this machine provides 140Nm of max torque and 41 electronical clutch settings.
- TD001G Impact Driver – delivers 220Nm of max torque and 4x impact power settings, to easily drive a variety of fixings. This model has 6x assist modes suitable for pre-setting when using long screws, bolts or TEK screws.
- TW001G and TW004G Impact Wrenches – features the Auto-stop system in both forward and reverse rotation modes, which prevents against over-tightening of nuts or damage to bolt threads.
- A wide selection of Angle Grinders – to effortlessly cut metal pipes and tiles, these machines can offer the same power as 1,100W corded grinders.
- HR003G and HR004G SDS-Plus Combination Hammers – which include antivibration technology and benefit from a HEPA filter dust collection system.
- HR005G Rotary Demolition Hammer – which has a no. load speed of up to 500rpm and connects to compatible dust extractors with Bluetooth via Makita’s innovative Auto-Start Wireless System.
- HS004G Circular Saw – ideal for cutting through floorboards or large timber joists, this machine has a no. load speed of 6,000RPM, 48°bevel capacity and AWS wireless connection facility for use with compatible dust extractors.
- JR001G Reciprocating Saw – can achieve 255mm capacity in wood and Ø130mm capacity in pipe.
- LS002GZ01 216mm Slide Compound Mitre Saw – which has an easy to set mitre range of 60° to both the left and right as well as a 48° bevel range in each direction, making it simple to achieve the cut required.
- CF001GZ Swing Fan – delivers a maximum air speed of 190m/m.
With even more XGT products available from April 2021, the ever-expanding XGT range offers professionals a powerful solution to safely tackle a wide range of high-demand tasks. To find out more about Makita and the new range of XGT products, please visit www.makitauk.com.