asbestos

Trade students urged not to “play Russian roulette” with deadly asbestos

Students from construction-related courses have been warned breathing in asbestos fibres is like “playing Russian roulette” with their lives. About 100 young tradespeople from Boston College heard about the devastating impact asbestos exposure can have from Philip Baker, an ambassador of No Time to Lose, the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health’s (IOSH) occupational cancer […]

Read More

Mick George looking to make Asbestos removal easy for installers

Stringent controls make the Asbestos removal industry one of the most regulated in the UK, second only to the Nuclear industry, and thus only 400 licensed contractors operate in the UK. And with the recent revelations reported nationally, surrounding the volume and regularity of Asbestos located in Schools, houses and other public or commercial premises, […]

Read More

Gas engineer prosecuted following unsafe asbestos removal at a tenants’ home

A gas engineer removed potentially dangerous asbestos material during a gas boiler replacement putting himself and others at risk from exposure to asbestos fibres. Brian Hockin, aged 58, was removing an old warm air heating system at a residential property on Williams Close, Wrafton when he disturbed a quantity of asbestos insulation board that surrounded […]

Read More

APHC warns about the dangers of asbestos after heating engineer was prosecuted

The Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (APHC) is reminding members of the plumbing and heating industry about the dangers of asbestos following the prosecution of a self-employed heating engineer for removing asbestos lagged pipework in a domestic property with no precautions to prevent exposure to asbestos fibres. Karl Locher, a self-employed heating engineer who […]

Read More

Firm fined after two gas engineers were exposed to asbestos

A Stockport heating engineering firm has been fined after two of its engineers were exposed to asbestos while working at a Manchester school.  Trafford Magistrates’ Court heard Flueclean were contracted to replace boilers in the boiler room of the school. However, two of Flueclean’s gas engineers were exposed to asbestos when they took the side panels off […]

Read More

Form not found, form id :279