carbon monoxide poisoning

New law means landlords will have to install both fire and CO alarms

Landlords in England will soon have to install both fire and carbon monoxide alarms in their properties, after new measures announced by Housing Minister Brandon Lewis. Read: MPs Urged To Make Carbon Monoxide Alarms Mandatory This  is expected in come into affect in October 2015, and will help prevent up to 36 deaths and 1,375 injuries a […]

Read More

Gas fitter gets community service after exposing young family to carbon monoxide poisoning

A gas fitter has been handed 240 hours of unpaid work after he failed to find defects on a boiler that left a young family with carbon monoxide poisoning – just one day after they took their newborn baby home. The family – Chris Humphries, 27, Lucy Deavall, 23, and their two-year-old daughter – had […]

Read More

Bar and grill restaurant protects customers from carbon monoxide

Solita, one of Manchester city centre’s most popular bar and grill restaurants, has installed state-of-the-art carbon monoxide monitoring equipment. S&S Northern’s Merlin 1750 Solid Fuel Safety system (left), which has just been launched in the market, was installed in the Didsbury Solita to ensure that any CO given off by the charcoal grill in the […]

Read More

Baby is victim of carbon monoxide poisoning

Two Bolton landlords have been fined after a 16-week-old baby and both his parents were taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. Four gas appliances at the property were unsafe, and no gas safety checks were arranged, as the law requires. Trafford Magistrates’ Court heard a couple, who have asked not to be identified, began […]

Read More

Form not found, form id :279