gas safe register

Gas engineers urged to take care around electricity

Martindale Electric is urging gas engineers to take extra care when working with or around electricity. Steve Dunning, Martindale’s Managing Director, explains why: Many gas engineers can come into contact with electricity whilst carrying out seemingly innocuous tasks and, sadly, preventable deaths still occur in the workplace. We are urging all gas engineers to identify […]

Read More

Gas and heating company prosecuted for safety failings

The Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland (HSENI) has successfully led a prosecution against County Londonderry based company, BC Plumbing and Heating Limited. The case arose from health and safety failings between 2016 to 2018 that led to dangerous gas installations in several new build domestic properties at sites in County Antrim and County Londonderry. […]

Read More

Rogue trader jailed for illegal gas work

A man has been jailed for 20 weeks after carrying out illegal gas work. Peter Read, who traded as A.C.E Plumbing and Heating in Portsmouth, was contracted to install a new gas central heating boiler for a customer in January 2020. A few days later the customer experienced problems with the boiler. On inspection by […]

Read More

NHS worker urges everyone to get a gas safety check after lucky escape from gas explosion

An NHS worker who had a lucky escape after an engineer carried out unsafe work on his house is urging everyone to get a proper gas safety check. Anaesthetic practitioner Tony Deyn unwittingly used an unregistered gas engineer to carry out work on his Cheshire home. The work was so bad it could have caused […]

Read More

HSE reminds public about importance of gas safety checks following high-profile gas incidents

​Recent domestic gas incidents have attracted significant media coverage but the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is reassuring people they need to be careful but not unduly concerned. ​ This comes after events in Kingstanding where a gas explosion destroyed a house in the Birmingham neighbourhood in June. Tragically a woman died and a man […]

Read More