landlord

Baby is victim of carbon monoxide poisoning

Two Bolton landlords have been fined after a 16-week-old baby and both his parents were taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. Four gas appliances at the property were unsafe, and no gas safety checks were arranged, as the law requires. Trafford Magistrates’ Court heard a couple, who have asked not to be identified, began […]

Read More

Landlord has to pay almost £60,000 for putting tenants’ lives at risk

An Accrington landlord has been ordered to pay nearly £60,000 in fines and costs after failing to organise a gas safety check for nearly two years, for a house he was renting. Tariq Ali was given numerous opportunities by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to arrange an inspection for the property after the previous […]

Read More