The tragic consequences of carbon monoxide (Video)

Over the past three years there have been 31 deaths and over 1,000 injuries that have resulted from gas related incidents.
More than 120,000 registered engineers all over the country are tirelessly working to keep the public safe and reduce the number of unsafe homes – many of which are caused by people failing to get their gas appliances safety checked by registered engineers.
Watch our video to hear from Max Schenker who lost his 31-year-old brother, Robert to carbon monoxide poisoning. A series of easily avoidable instances resulted in tragedy- highlighting the importance of making sure your gas appliances as checked by a Gas Safe engineer.

Gas Safe Register, registered gas engineers and local Fire and Rescue Services will be touring the country this week as part of Gas Safety Week, visiting some of the UK’s gas hot spots – Sunderland, Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Norwich, Bristol and Portsmouth – to remind people of the importance of getting regular safety checks on all gas appliances.
Last year, Gas Safe Register launched the first ever interactive gas map at www.StayGasSafe.co.uk which tells people how safe or unsafe their area is when it comes to gas by simply entering their post code. People can also sign up to a free gas safety check reminder service which will alert them when their gas appliances need checking.